Saturday, October 31, 2015

Permit me, I'll explain in two words

I have decided to once more pick up the pen (or rather the keyboard) and blog. In some places I have claimed to be a writer. However, I have not written in a long time...at least not since I finished my last semester of school (or back in July when I typed out the last entry). I decided that if I didn't blog or write in some way, then my mind would either rot or explode from all the stuff that I'm reading, so I need some outlet in what's going on upstairs. Also, I would like to write in some capacity and those in greater authority than myself say if you want to write you need a blog. I know I wrote more and my mind was stimulated more when I had a Xanga, waaaaaay back in yesteryear. So, here we are again. Of course, I don't think anyone reads this, even though the stats said 126 views. That's probably a mistake on the part of the counter or the people who stumbled across this blog. But anyways...

To get started, I'll explain what this is.

Precious Nonsense. That's what it is. The name is taken from Gilbert and Sullivan's Patience in which Reginald Bunthorne's poetry is explained as "precious nonsense." That's probably the best way to explain whatever I put on here (whether it's "precious", "nonsense", or "precious nonsense"). I've thought about blogging about Christianity and jumping into the Christian blogosphere, but usually Christian bloggers just make me mad because it's just a bunch of name calling and a Who's Who in the Current Book of Happy Book of Heretics. If you don't understand this Christianese, then you are probably blessed beyond measure. If it's not that, then Christian blogging is about how one's theology is better than another and really it just seems to divide more than it brings people together or help people see Christ. So I want to stay away from that as much as I can. Of course, I'll probably have a lot about Christianity on here and thoughts on Bible passages or current states of affair in Christianity, but we will see. This is all assuming I blog normally.

What you'll more than likely find here is a smattering of thoughts about the current literature I'm reading, posts about Batman, theories about CW's "The Flash", griping about Fox's "Gotham", how reading and understanding The Lord of the Rings makes you a better person, praise for the music of Richard Wagner, Johannes Brahms, Ludwig van Beethoven, Claude Debussy, and a little bit about Gilbert and Sullivan, since I can whistle all the airs of that infernal nonsense Pinafore...which would be a great alternative title to this blog: "Infernal Nonsense."

And just in case you were wondering (because I know all five and a half of you were), "tarantara tarantara" (part of the URL) comes from The Pirates of Penzance, my Gmail comes from Patience, as does my Instagram and Twitter (compare AbsurdApostle with Grosvenor's "Archibald the Alrighty, Apostle of Simplicity").

So there you go. You know about 1% of what there is to know about me and my world.




No comments:

Post a Comment